I try to get as much sleep as I possibly can before I have to drag myself to class. I have figured out some ways to save time in the morning and look presentable for class. These tips can apply to anyone in a hurry or people who strive for an effortless look.
- Actually Get “Ready” For Bed. Having a more elaborate night-time routine will save time in the morning because you’ll wake up looking more refreshed. Doing your hair at night will keep you from freaking out in the morning because you don’t know what to do with your crazy hair. You will wake up looking Dewey and fresh if you have a more intensive skin care routine at night. Spending more time at night to take care of yourself will make life easier in the morning. Basically, all you have to do when you wake up is slap on SPF and makeup if you wear it.
- Stick To One Look. When you wear makeup, figure out a look that you can do in under 10 minutes. No one in your class is going to care that you didn’t contour–you can save the glam for your nights out. Stick to a look that is minimal, but still looks put together and natural.
- Touch Up. If you wear makeup it’s a good idea to carry blotting sheets or a powder brush with you to get rid of the excess oil on your face. This will make your makeup last longer. Also, I like to carry a lip balm with me everywhere I go so my lips are not cracked or ratchet looking.
- Drink Tons of Water. It’s so important to drink water during the day, especially if you are rushing around campus. Water is obviously very healthy for you, but it’s also good for your complexion. The more I drink water, the less fatigued I look. So that’s why I highly recommend drinking plenty of water daily.
- Be Confident. Confidence makes you beautiful inside and out. If you don’t have time for makeup or hair, then own it. How you carry yourself is probably the most important thing. Don’t focus on what others say about you, just go about your day and have faith in yourself.